management forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Lloyd appointed to Ospreys management role

Go down

Andy Lloyd appointed to Ospreys management role  Empty Andy Lloyd appointed to Ospreys management role

Post  jullysan Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Andy Lloyd
Andy Lloyd has played 85 times for the Ospreys since the 2003/04 season

Ospreys forward Andy Lloyd has been appointed as the region's team administrator with immediate effect.

Lloyd, 29, will continue to make himself available for selection until he retires at the end of the season.

"Years of injuries ... have taken their toll on me and my body is starting to tell me that it's about time I looked at alternatives," he said.

"I've been looking at things outside of rugby, what my next step may be, and this opportunity came up."

Lloyd will be responsible for rugby administration, match-day affairs, as well as player welfare.

He will replace current team administrator Dani Delamere, who will now make a move into a commercial role.

Delamere stepped in to the role after Mostyn Richards, appointed team manager in August 2010, left the left the post after just five weeks due to personal circumstances.

"I've been fortunate enough to represent the Ospreys since the very first season, so I take great pride in continuing to be part of the set-up," added Lloyd, who has made 85 appearances for the region since joining from Bath during the 2003/04 season.

"It's a perfect match for me, it enables me to stay in this environment, which is one that I love, but it's in a different area, doing something that will allow me to use different skills and to develop as a person.

"I'm still going to provide cover between now and the end of the season and I'll be working hard to stay in shape, but I will be hanging my boots up come May.

Capable of playing at lock or in the back-row, Lloyd made his Ospreys debut in a Heineken Cup tie against Leeds in January 2004, and has scored three tries for the region. He has one Wales cap in a 64-10 win over Japan in Osaka.

jullysan

Back to top Go down